How to wash ur face perfectly. Dermatologist and Associate professor of dermatology at Mount Sinai NYC, Dr. Debra Wattenberg says that “there is, apparently, a right and a wrong way to wash your face. Many of our mindless face-cleansing habits are actually causing as much harm as good to our skin”
Washing your face is one of the easiest yet most important things you can do for your skin. And though it is true that some of these tips have been heard before, most people don’t particularly follow through with it.
Guide line to follow when washing your face
1. Wash hands first before proceeding to wash your face.
2. Use face wipes to remove make-up first especially eye make-up, to prevent it from spreading all over your face when washing.
3. “Extreme temperatures can damage your skin and create more inflammation and irritation,” Wattenberg says. Splash warm water all over your face. Warm water opens your pores and helps you clean deeper, so avoid using cold or extremely hot water if possible.
4. Go easy on the cleanser, use a coin size amount. “As using too much will only increase your risk for skin irritation” says Dr Wattenberg.
5. Know what works for your skin. Using the wrong cleanser that is too harsh for your skin can cause skin burns and irritation. For some people, surfactants – the stuff in soap that causes the bubbles – can be too harsh on the skin, Wattenberg says.
Facial scrubs: these contain tiny beads or particles that help rub away dead skin cells (exfoliate). This will make your face smoother and fresher looking while helping to unclog your pores.
Regular soap: to exfoliate using the soap, use a face scrubber (a soft, knit piece of material) or facecloth. Gently rub it in circles over your skin as you did the soap.
6. Be nice to your face! “Some people are actually very abrasive toward their skin; it can cause irritation, broken capillaries and it can cause inflammation when they scrub too hard,” Wattenberg says. Worse of all, scrubbing too hard encourages wrinkles!!
7. Rinse your face for 10-15 mins, ensuring that you thoroughly rinse away the soap. Splash your face repeatedly with water, rubbing gently with your hands after each splash. If it all does not come off, wet a cloth and rub your face gently to get the more obvious stuff off, then rinse again.
Soap residue will clog your pores, dry out your skin, and possibly even affect your skin’s natural pH. Leaving soap film on your face will make it dirtier than when you started.
Pay extra attention to your hairline, jawline, and anything that drips down your neck. It’s easy to neglect these spots while rinsing.
8. With a soft, clean towel, gently pat your face dry. Try not to rub or pull at your skin, which encourages wrinkles as well. “Using the same wash cloth for more than a day or two can irritate your skin”, she says.
9. When asked, Dr. Debra Wattenberg advised that the face be washed atleast 2 times in a day! Not washing the make-up off of your face before going to bed will prevent the skin from healing naturally.
Thank u for stopping by.Hope u learnt smth today!