Friday 3 January 2014

TO MY DAUGHTER ON YOUR 1ST BIRTHDAY:


Kyra Douye Onose Gabice, where do I begin?

One year ago,  at 7:45am I heard your sweet cry for the first time.
It was the best sound I had ever heard.  Right then and there my life changed.
One year ago, I spent the night staring at your precious face, thanking God for the greatest blessing.
One year ago, your dad and I announced your birth to our family and friends.
One year ago, we became a family of three.
.

Without a doubt, this past year has been the best year of my life (of course your dads too).
Because of you, I am a mom.  Something I have always dreamed of being.
Because of you, I know the deepest meaning of love.
Because of you, I strive to be the best I can be.
Because of you, I feel complete.
You my daughter, have changed my life in the absolute best way possible.

I read somewhere that having a child is like letting your heart walk around outside of your body.
That couldn't be more true.

It’s amazing to see how much you have changed over the past year.
You went from an ittty bitty 2.9kg baby to a walking and talking one year old.
You went from sleeping away the day snuggled in my arms to climbing on me like I’m a jungle gym.
You went from reaching at objects on your play mat to learning how to wavy bye bye and give high fives.  You went from baby cooes to babbling to your first words, dada and mama.
 You went from rolling, to crawling to walking!
You went from being a baby to being considered a toddler (even though you wlll always be my baby).

You are such a happy girl and have a smile that lights up the room.
We often say you smile with your eyes, it's contagious.
You're an easy go lucky baby but at the same time you know exactly what you want.
One of the best things about you is the love you give.
From your smiles to your hugs and kisses and best of all cuddles.
I can't get enough of you.

You, my child are also FUNNY!
You are very aware of this.
You make crazy noises and when we laugh, you keep doing them.
You love attention and once you have it, you know how to keep it.
Then you laugh right along with us.
This is the case everywhere we go.
To see you make others smile and bring such joy to others is an indescribable feeling.
You are such a special girl, I am so proud to call you mine.

I have so many hopes and dreams for you in this life.
 I know that God has a purpose for you and He is going to use you to do amazing things.
 I hope that no matter what you do and where you go, you know you’re never alone.
I hope you have the confidence to be who you want to be.
  I hope that you have the courage to go after your dreams and determination to not give up.
I hope that you are brave when faced with challenges.
  I hope that you have compassion for others and a giving heart.
  Most of all, I hope that you get the most out of this life you’ve been blessed with.

No matter what, I will always be here for you.
  I will be here to hold your hand when you need support.
Lend an ear when you want to talk.
Pick you up when you fall and most of all guide you the best I can through this life.
The most important thing I want you to know is that you are loved.  So very loved.

Happy 1st birthday, my precious daughter.
I love you to the moon and back sweet girl.

Love, Mommy and Daddy


5 comments: